Tuesday, June 15, 2010

1st Injury

Audrey had her first little injury last week! Poor girl! I was holding her hand walking out of our playroom. I lifted her up over a big stuffed animal dog, she immediately started crying and holding her arm. I felt like the worst mother ever. We tried getting her to pick up stuff with it to see what the problem was. It was so sad she couldn't even move it. We ended up taking her to the urgent care. I had pulled her elbow out of the socket. I guess it is fairly common with little kids. They wanted her to wear this little sling for a week so it would help her to remember to be careful with her arm. Yeah, right! What one year old wants to be confined with a sling. I could only keep it on her for about half the day. I could tell her arm was sore for a couple of days but that didn't stop her. Little kids are so amazing that way!
Lately when I tell Audrey to look at the camera and smile she says "cheese" and then closes her eyes! It is so frustrating because I can't get a good picture of her! Here is her in action!

7 comments:

the Wilcox Family said...

I guess I need to stop lifting my kids by one arm. . . moms just need more arms, I guess! She still looks happy despite the sling (and I think the eyes closed smile is adorable!). By the way, I will be in AZ for a few days starting Friday. My grandma died and so we are going to her funeral. Let's get together!

Becky said...

Darnit! Poor thing! Glad it wasn't anything more serious, though. She is so darn cute.

Julie said...

Ahhh, she is so cute! Love her pigtails Ü And her cast is pretty cute too, although I am guessing she doesn't wear it too much...

Nat said...

Poor adorable Audrey. That sounds so painful.

Let's for sure do a swim day at your house, that would be SO FUN!

Unknown said...

Poor baby!!! I'll bet you felt awful even though it wasn't any fault of yours! I love her sweet little piggy tails.

Heather said...

Heidi, she is darling! I hope her arm heals quickly.

Unknown said...

AHHH!I miss you and Audrey!! She is so big, I just can't get over it! She's really tall! So sorry to hear about the injury. You have the most random incidents, I tell you. I laugh and cry at the same time for you!
She is just darling as ever and it's so good to see what you have been up to. Sorry, I've been slackin and going on FB, but I will come back - JUST FOR YOU! I like venting about every little thing on here.. hee hee.
Miss you cuz!
xoxo