Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Get Away to San Diego

We went to San Diego a couple of weeks ago for the weekend. We had the best time! We were going to take Audrey and then at the last minute decided to leave her with Lanette. Audrey did great! I think she was better for Lanette than she is for us. I did better than I though I would being away from her for the first time. It was so nice to get a little break! Thanks Lanette for taking such good care of our little bug!

This is us outside of a yummy restaurant the we went to called 94th Squadron. We went there to eat the last time we were in San Diego which was about seven years ago. We really liked it then and had to go back!

Since we didn't have Audrey with us we were able to go through a session at the San Diego Temple. I have always wanted to to that. We hadn't planned on it since we thought we were going to have Audrey. We didn't have Sunday clothes with us. We bought Jason a white shirt and tie. I got some weird skirt at Target. We were a little miss matched but they still let us in! That temple is beautiful!!! I'm so glad we were able to go!

We also got a little time to walk around the beach! It was kind of rainy and cold. I was absolutely not going to get in the water!

8 comments:

Don and Sandy said...

You two are so brave to leave your baby. Glad you got a little R&R, you deserve it.

Becky said...

How fun! I'm jealous. I could use a trip like that.

THE BERISH BUNCH said...

San Diego is the BEST! Fred has never been so I really want to take him. I'm SO glad you guys had some time alone already. That's impressive actually and I'm sure much needed. You're lucky to have a nice sister close by :-)) Glad you two had fun!

Ash said...

cool!!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun Heidi. I'll bet it was nice to get away. I love the San Diego temple too. It is soooo pretty.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you guys got to get away, how fun!

Nat said...

WHAT!! You have a blog and it's adorable. You can't just hide from me like that, I will always know what your up to now and I LOVE it!! You guys look so cute in your pics, I am jealous of your romantic getaway. Weird skirt, you are so funny, you look darling!!

Heather said...

Hi Heidi! Shar gave me your blog address. I'm so glad to peek in. Your daughter is adorable, and seeing all these pictures makes me miss you and remember the fun times we shared. Glad to see you are well and happy! (I love San Diego too!)